Stories and Oneshots

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Nikita // Part Three

σρєη ωσυη∂ѕ

Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. -Bob Marley
image
Drake’s POV

I felt myself smack against the cold tile flooring in my penthouse. I expected to start coughing up blood, gasping for air, see the white light people talk about, but nothing. A sharp throbbing pain coming from my arm made me wince. I sat up and clutched my arm. 

My hand was covered in blood, well so was my arm I suppose, anyway, I got on my feet and walked over to my kitchen and started taking off my suit jacket, white button up shirt and undershirt. I reached down until my hand touched a piece of fabric. Grabbing the hand towel I left hanging, I wrapped the towel tightly over my wound to stop and soak up the blood.

“She shot me,” I spoke in disbelief, “She really fucking shot me.”

The realization that there was a bullet lodged in my arm sunk in. I sighed and dreadfully walked to my bathroom.

“Worst part of the fucking job.” I mumbled as I got my homemade surgical kit.

I finished seeing myself up and wrapping a bandage around my arm and walked into my room. Pulling open one of my dresser drawers I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and struggled to get my slacks off.

I pushed the doors to my balcony opened and got my hookah. Setting it on the table, I took ahold of the hose and took a pull from it.

“She’s still a piece of work.” The memory entered my head.

"Some things never change.”

~~~~

I woke up the next morning and went through my morning routine. Quickly, throwing on my clothes before heading out to confirm a hunch I suspect late last night.

Locking my penthouse, I walked to the elevators and rode down to the lobby.

 “Rough night Graham?” The doorman asked.

“Let’s just say I ran into my ex girlfriend that is the female version of me.” I responded making us both chuckle as the valet brought my car around.

I hopped in my car and pulled away from the hotel where I lived. Coming to a stop at the intersection down the street, I thought about how I could find Onika.

“Her dad?” I thought to myself.

“No he would have to be stupid to keep living there.”

“Friends….”

“Sherika!” I said aloud, hoping she still lived in that apartment above the shop she always raved about.

The traffic light switched to green and I moved my foot from the brake to the accelerator. I took in the scenery as I drove to my old hood. Boy, a lot of memory were made, I smirked as my mind brought me back to the good ol’ days.
The round orange ball smacked against the ground repeatedly and the scraping of our dirty old Nikes was heard. Beads of sweat formed at my hairline and rolled down the sides of my face. My eyes narrowed in on the hoop with no net, my knees were bent, I raise my arms, and with a flick of my wrist I shoot the ball. Felt like everything was in slow motion. I saw the ball hit the edge of the net and ricochet over to the other side of the court where some local drug dealers and gamblers were standing. The ball hit the cardboard stand that had the three bent cards on it that roped everyone in and stole their cash. Next, the ball bounced and rolled over the drug dealers expensive shoes and clothes. My heart sinks as I immediately remembered the stories my mentor, Wayne would tell about guys like those. I hear yelling and see them all stampeding towards me and my boys, my heart beats harder and faster. Soon, I feel myself being lifted off the ground and thrown onto a fence. I kicked the guy straight in the gut and he dropped me, doubling over in pain. Me and my boy high tailed it all the way back to our houses.

I chuckled at the memory of my first fight, well and the first time I laid eyes on the girl of my dreams.

Nearly passing out, I made it to Wayne’s apartment and started banging on the door. 
Expecting a short guy with a wife beater on, dreads, and a joint hanging out his mouth, to my surprise the short, curvy, butter pecan skin toned girl in my homeroom. I felt like all the air emptied from my lungs. Standing there, just staring until I started hearing the guys from the court.

“WHERES WAYNE?!”

“He’s not here!” She answered with her alluring accent.

“Well where is he?”

“Corner store, he needed papers. Wait, how does a guy like you know Wayne?”

“Long sto-”

“Aye! Light skin! Where you at?”

“Why are you hanging around those guys?!”

“I’m not! Something happened at the courts.”

“What you do Graham cracker?!”

“Aye! Dere he go!”

Before I had time to react, I felt myself being launched into door frame.

“Is this your little girlfriend? She’s sexy! Aye Mami what you doing with a dork like this?” I saw the guy walked over to her and start to grab her.

“I’m not his girlfriend! Don’t touch me!”

Getting up and turning around, I lunged at him and pushed him off of her and started hitting him. Soon, he got the upper hand and started hitting me, but not for long. I heard my crush screaming at him to get off of me and then I heard him groan. He got off of me and went at her. What I saw next, will forever be embedded in my mind. She had moves like Jet Li from the movie Aaliyah was in.

“Get outta here!!” She yelled after them.

His boys ran almost as I did, once they saw what she did to their boy, couldn’t help but chuckle.

“And you?! What the fuck did you do to get them to attack you?!”

“Aye Barbie! What’s going on?” A raspy voice asked. “I saw a bunch of niggas runnin’ for their lives what did you do?”

“They chased him down,” she said pointing at me, “then one of them tried to cop a feel!!” 

She yelled adding in some Spanish and Patois while going back inside.
I just laid there. Stunned. God, she was sexy! That was sexy! A girl that handle herself and gets good grades is attractive to me. She is attractive to me. She’s really gonna make me fall in love with her.

Turning on the busy street I thought Sherika lived on and going 5 miles per hour because of these fucking pedestrians and shit, I got frustrated and double parked.

Getting out of my Audi, I stopped and took a look at the small boutique that had an apartment sat elegantly on top. Overhead of the store there was also an impeccable sign that read “Bella Couture” in light silvery pink cursive letters. I could feel it in my gut that I had the right place, I got my real confirmation once I saw a woman walk down a flight of spiral stairs holding a dress.
 

I made my way over to the shop walked in and heard the bell chime, signaling someone had come in. I stood and waited for her to come over and as expected she made her way to the front, saying what I guess was her usual greeting.
 

“Bonjour! Bienvenue à Bella Couture , où la robe de vos rêves devient une réalité. How may I help-”
(Translation: Hello! Welcome to Bella Couture, where the dress of your dreams becomes a reality.)


Once she finally looked up, she pauses and then her face formed from shock into excitement.
 

“Oh my God! So that’s why she was acting all weird! Aubrey!” She held out her arms and brought me into a hug that I gladly accepted.
 

“What are you doing here? Well, I know what you’re doing here but how can I help?”

“Would I be crossing bounds if I asked if you could tell me where Nika lives?”

“Yes you would be. You may be cool and all, but girl code sir.”

“I understand.” I said in defeat, not knowing what to do next.

“You know you look like Dopey when you get that disappointed frown on your face.”

 “One of the seven dwarfs, Sherika? Really?!”

“I COULDN’T HELP IT!!” She exclaimed in between her cackles that were similar to Nika’s.

“So are you gonna help me or continue to laugh, because-”

“Yes I’m going to help you!! Geez! It’s just a joke!”

“Oh. Hahaha.” I pretended to laugh and slap my knee.

“She owes me a gown back. I’ll call her, go up to my apartment. I gotchu.”

“Thank you.” I said and took the key she holding out for me.“

About 15 minutes later, I get a text from Sherika saying Nicki was on her way. I felt my heartbeat speed up. How was she going to react when she sees I’m not dead? I was taken out of my thoughts by hearing the front door open. Standing up and facing the door, I took a deep breath and waited for her to emerge.

"You still aren’t gonna tell me who the old friend you ran in-” She started to ask.

We locked eyes and I watched the look of shock develop on her face. The dress she was holding in her arm fell to the floor along with her mouth.

“Y-You’re not d-d-dead.”

“Nika please listen to me.”

“Of course he’s not dead, Nic.” Sherika stated confusingly.

“You set this up?” She turned her attention to Sherika.

“He’s your ex boyfriend and you guys ended weird so I thought you would want to see him. You know, it been a while.”

“Why would you do this?!”

“What’s wrong with you Nic?”

“¡No tenías derecho!” (You had no right!) Nicki yelled and started walking closer and closer to Sherika.

“What do you mean I had no right?! He’s an old friend!”

“¡Para que tal vez! ¡Rompió mi corazón y causó mi padre a ser la forma en que es ahora! ¿Por qué haría esto?- just forget it! I’m leaving! Here’s your fucking dress.” (To you maybe! He broke my heart and caused my father to be how he is now! Why would do this?) 

She screamed in another language, which left me thoroughly confused. I felt like we were back as teenagers when she yelled at me.

Standing cautiously, I waited for anything to happen. I tried to push the thought away that she would hit Sherika. I mean that’s her best friend, you wouldn’t fight your best friend ri-

“AYE AYE!! ONIKA!!!” I yelled as she and Sherika started to scrap.

I grabbed Nika with one arm and held Sherika off with my other.

“LET GO OF ME! Hijo de la gran puta.” (Son of a bitch) She muttered the last part.

"Drake what the hell is going on?!”

“It’s a long story, but it’s not your fault. Okay? Thank you.” I rushed Sherika.

I chased Nicki down the hall. I went to grab her, but she hit me where she shot me and 
made me let go of her.

“Onika!”

“Go away!”

“I can’t take back what happened to your father!” I yelled knowing it would stop her dead in her tracks.

Walking up to her, I swiftly grabbed her in my arms, locking her arms down. She started kicking and screaming, which was predictable.

“Shut up!!” I yelled.

Getting frustrated, I put her against the wall, trapped her arms above her head, and covered her mouth with my hand.

“Quit fucking hitting and kicking me! I can’t take back what happened or change a damn thing! So, let me help you now while I still feel like it!” I looked dead in her brown eyes as they started to well up with tears.

“Why should I trust you again?” She asked me quietly as her tears spilled from her eyes.

“I’m not a little boy anymore. I had to protect my mom, I wish you could understand that. I didn’t want to do what I did, I swear to God Onika, I didn’t have a choice.”

“You know, my dad could’ve protected you and your family!”

“He was in my house Onika!! I’m sorry that it happened to you and your dad, I’m sorry! But I’m not the one who did it!”

“We trusted you with our secret!”

“I know and for that I’m sorry! So please let me fix it! I have a target that will be at the Del Frisco at 9 pm and at the restaurant there will be a man named, Dwight Walker. He has information on Darius Malcolm. If you don’t meet me there, by 9 o’clock, I’ll stop trying to help and you won’t hear from me again.” I ran down my itinerary for the evening to her before walking away.

Taking the parking ticket off of my windshield, before getting in the car. I tossed it over to the passenger side. I exhaled and ran my hands over my face, before I started my car and pulled off. Pulling into the valet section, I got out and tossed my keys to the man at the booth.

“Welcome back, Graham.” My doorman said to me.

I nodded in response and headed towards the elevators. I had about two hours to spare before I had to get ready.

“Oh, what am I getting myself into.”

| Two Hours Later |

After getting out of the shower, I wrapped a white towel around my waist and walked to my bedroom. I went into my closet and grabbed a pair of dark wash jeans, a grey v-neck sweater, a suit jacket, a pair of dress shoes. Throwing a couple chains around my neck and putting my Rolex on my wrist. Going over to my safe, I entered my four digit code and grabbed my glock out. I loaded my magazine and slid in it and pulled back the barrel to load one in the chamber. Hiding it behind my back, I pulled down my sweater and suit jacket to cover it. Going to the door, I grab my wallet and my keys before heading out.

Deciding on parking a little bit down the street, I got out and walked into the restaurant and told the hostess my name.

“Uh. Corey Andrews.”

“Right this way, Mr. Andrews.”

I looked at watch and saw it read, 8:55 pm. I sighed and sat down, asking the waiter for a glass of water. Causally, I looked about the restaurant for my target and my informant. 

Locating my target, I saw him sitting at the bar. I got up and made my way over there.

“Excuse me, what is that man drinking over there?”

“Hennessy on the rocks. Would you like one?”

“Um not just yet, thank you.”

Turning around, I saw Nicki at the front, talking to this man. My blood began to boil, so I started walking over.

“Umm, I’m married.” I thought I heard her say.

I saw him look at me and then lean down and whisper something in her ear.
Coming up from behind her, I wrapped my arms around her teeny waist and kissed her neck, inhaling her sultry scent.

“Ready?” I asked.

She nodded in response. I grabbed her hand and walked over to our table. Pulling out her chair and pushing her back in once she sat down.

“Uhm what was that over there?”

“What was what?”

“Drake, stop playing dumb.”

“You look wonderful Nic.”

“Thanks.” She replied with an attitude.

“So what did he say?”

“Oh, he told how much he liked my ass so I figured I should just make a date with him so I could bounce these cheeks for him.” She smirked before grabbing my water and taking a sip. I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Oh, so you it wasn’t you that I heard say we were married?” I retorted, making her choke on the water.

Checking my watch, once again, I decided it was time to execute my target. Saying a polite excuse me to Nicki, I walked over to bar and ordered a Hennessy on the rocks. The bartender whipped it right up and put it right in front of me with her name and number on the coaster napkin. I could feel Nicki’s eyes burning holes into me so I smirked and thanked her. While her back was turned, I reached into my suit jacket pocket and pulled out a tiny vial. 
Emptying its contents into the drink, I stirred it before getting up and walking over to the man. Sneakily grabbing the empty glass in front of him while he was too busy making a fool out of himself and put the full, spiked drink in its place. Before heading back to the table, I put his empty glass in my place, grabbing the napkin and placing it in my jacket.

“Oh you’re husband is so handsome, Mrs. Andrews.” I heard the hostess say.

“Uhm he’s not-okay.”

“So, how are you Mrs. Andrews?”

“That’s your cover name? Psh.”

“What’s yours?”

“Nikita.”

“Still? Played out much.”

“Whatever, what did that bitch say to you at the bar?”

“Why do you care?”

“I don’t! Just making conversation.”

“Just making conversation, okay.”

“You know what, I don’t have to be here.”

“You don’t but you are and you aren’t going anywhere, so get out of you funky ass attitude and put on a good show for Dwight and follow my lead, okay Mrs. Andrews.”

“Arrogant ass.” She muttered before taking her phone out of her clutch.

About 10 minutes passed and the hostess came over telling me a man was asking for me.

“Bring him over.”

“You know a please would be appreciated.” She spoke up.

“My charm does way better than a please would.” I replied, which prompted her to gag and roll her eyes.

“Ah Dwight, have a seat.”

“Who is-”

“She’s harmless don’t worry.” I cut him off. I tried my best to ignore the pain in my shin from her kicking me.

“Here’s what I got, Malcolm has a trip to Paris in the next week. Alway guarded by four men. Take care of those men, you got your guy.
 

“What kinda informant are you? That was the lamest shit I have ever heard. I heard jailhouse snitches with better stories.” Nicki interrupted.

“Yo, I thought you said she was harmless.”

“I did, I forgot she’s been drinking so you know women, blah blah blah. Thanks man, we’ll be in touch.”

“Oh really Drake?”

“What?! You broke character, I had to say something.”

“That’s what you get for giving a whack ass role. You play the back bitch, I’m in the front. When are you going to learn this?”

“I guess the same time, you learn that your feelings for me are still there which is one of the reasons why you came here. Along with why you hunted me down. When are you gonna learn you aren’t as slick as you think. I’ll text you what we’re going to do next.”

“You don’t have my-” She stopped talking as soon as she saw me place her phone back in front of her.

“Like I said, you are as slick as you think.”

No comments:

Post a Comment