Stories and Oneshots

Saturday, March 15, 2014

I Wonder Why The Moon Looks So Nice

Since they had such a hectic schedule, Nicki and Drake couldn’t see each other for another week. With Nicki being in New York for her debut movie role, Myx meetings, clothing line meetings, and being in the studio working on her third album and also recording verses for some of her fam and Drake doing his thing they had no time to themselves.

Drake was in Toronto working hard on Nothing Was The Same. He had already told her his concerns for his career and was taken aback as he headed on to his balcony in Toronto.

   
 FLASHBACK 
     
"Nic, I don’t know what direction I want to go in for my next album. Do people want me to rap more or sing more? I know they want something more upbeat because Take Care was so depressing”

"Drake! How dare you say Take Care was depressing?! You got a grammy for that album! You broke records! Ha, not to mention you called out some of your exes haha!"

"Haha Nic I thought they weren’t on your radar?"

"They ain’t but like you said in Shot For Me. They stay pressed ‘cause they new nigga ain’t like you."

"Oh so I’m the man."

"Don’t get cocky playboy! I’m just stating facts."

"But Nic I said that I missed them. Weren’t you mad about that and plus that album was made out of bad memories."

"Aubrey, you would miss a tree if it said I Love You . You miss the memories!! That’s the thing. Y’all broke up for a reason right? That’s why they’re called exes. Not the whole album were made about bad memories. Plus, that’s how you make your music, you get all in your feelings together so that you’re basically telling your story."

"Alright fine, but back to the original subject. I have no idea what my fans want. I don’t know which direction to go for my album."

"Baby, calm down. Think about what your fans have said in the past and present. They’ve got to have said what they wanted from you. Besides the 3 stroke. I’m gonna go shower, you comin?"

"Ohhh how I want to, but you just gave something to think about."

"Okay, suit yourself." She said before strutting to the bathroom, removing her clothes as she went.
Drake was bought out of his thoughts by his best friend, 40 or Noah.

"Yo, Drake!"

"Wha-what?"

"You good? You were just staring off into space."

"Yea I’m good, I was just think about Nicki and how she’s the one who got me to figure out the direction I wanted to go for the album."

"I miss Nicki too. Have you talked to her today?"

"Yea, this morning, but she’s filming her movie and then has to go to meetings."

"I swear ya wife is trying to kill herself with all this damn work."

Drake laughed knowing that 40 was right.”Good one. She may as well be for real though. She’s a workaholic, she doesn’t believe in the answer ‘No’. I miss her so much!”

"I know, me too Drizzy. Do you still wanna record or work on your surprises for your fans?"

"Uhhh, I still wanna work. I have this idea for The Motion. Did Sampha send you his stuff for it?"

"Yea he did. What you have in my mind?"

"Nicki."

'Everything that I write is either for her or about her. Drake thought to himself.

~~~~~~~

In New York, Nicki was shooting her movie from 9 am until noon. She so badly wanted to call her hubby, but she knew once they started talking, they couldn’t stop. She missed him so much, and all she wanted was to hear his voice or be in his protective embrace, but she would have to wait another week. Or does she?

"Hey Safaree, what does my schedule look like again?" Nicki asked surprisingly polite.

"Uhhhh what’s up with you and why are being nice?"

"Nothing’s up I just want to know what my schedule looks like tomorrow and you know I can be nice if I want to.” She said with a straight face while looking through her purse for gum.

"I know, but you’re usually not nice to me at all."

"Okay Safaree hush! I am nice to you, but you annoy me sometimes. Now, can you tell me what my schedule looks like?"

"Okay okay, you have to film your movie all day. That’s it?

"Really" Nicki said astonishingly "I thought I had meetings and places to be."

"No, all you meetings are today after you wrap filming for today and the appearances aren’t until next week."

Nicki was ecstatic. She might be able to surprise Drake.

"Oh my God!!! Thank you Faree!" Nicki said jumping up and down, hugging him.

"Again, I will ask, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BEING SO NICE?"

"Nigga, who the fuck do you think you’re talking too?" Nicki said with attitude while placing her hands in her hips. "I have no idea who you think you are but you are not that person."

“Okay, now that things are back to normal,  are you ready to start filming?”

What the hell is up with him today? Nicki thought to herself.
"Uh yea, just let me make a phone call real quick and then I’ll be out."

"Okay, but be fast, you don’t wanna be late."

"Yea, yea I know"

Nicki grabbed her iPhone and gum out her purse then made arrangements to fly out to Toronto tomorrow late afternoon to surprise Drake.

Nicki left her trailer and went to shoot her scenes. After she was done shooting she went to change outfits and wigs for her Myx Fusions Moscato.

"Oh my God, I just want this day to be over so I can see my baby." Nicki thought to herself.

Nicki was staring blankly into a mirror on her makeup chair when someone walked in.

"Nika, are you ok?" One of her best friends, Candace asked.

"Hey Can, yea I’m fine I just want to this day to be over."

"Tired?"

"Yea that and I miss Aubrey, but I don’t get to see him till tomorrow.”

"Really? Have you told him yet?"

"No, I want to surprise him. He always surprises me with flowers, food, or just himself. I feel a little bad though."

"Why?"

"Because I don’t have a gift or anything to surprise him with when I get there."

"Nicki, come on! You are the gift! All Drake ever wanted was you and that’s enough. Plus he always says his best gift after meeting 40 was meeting you for the first time."

"Shut up Candace! I knew I shouldn’t have said anything to you!"

"I’m just being honest. Nicki you know it’s true."

Nicki sighed. “I guess your right.”

Candace felt Nicki’s head.

"Are you ok? Do you have a fever cuz you never admit someone else is right."

"Oh my God! Why does everyone say that? Da Kid can’t be nice without someone thinking that there’s something wrong with me!" She huffed.

Nicki got up and stormed off and went to finish her photo shoot for her promotional ads for Myx.

By 6 it was time for Nicki to go to her clothing line meeting.

"Safaree, what do I have to do for the meeting?"

"You need to look over things to make sure they’re correct and how you want them."

"Things?" She quizzed.

"You know what I mean. Clothes and other shit."

Nicki giggled. “Ok, let’s go the faster I get this done the faster I get” Nicki froze, then continued. She almost gave her surprise away, but she quickly saved herself.” Uhhh are you ready?”

Safaree looked at her suspiciously. “Um yea lets go”

~~~~~~~~~

Drake was finished for the night. He and 40 went to his mom’s house to check on her and back to his condo for the evening. They finally made it home and all Drake wanted was Nicki, to hold her, kiss her, make love to her, anything he just wanted HER.

"You gonna be alright by yourself?" 40 asked while grabbing his keys off the 
table.

“I should be asking you that exact same question.”

"It was just a flare up. I’m good."

"You call me if you need anything."

"Ok I will. Night Drizzy."

"Night 40."

"CALL NICKI!!" 40 yelled while walking to the door.

"SHE’S WORKING!"

"IT’S NIGHTTIME! SHE’S PROBABLY IN HER HOTEL ROOM!"

"OK FINE!"

Drake went to his bathroom, took a quick shower, made some food, and went to Skype Nicki instead of calling her. He need to see her beautiful face as well as hearing her angelic voice.

“HUBBY!!!!!!!” Nicki screamed happily. “Oh my God!!! I miss you so much!!”

"Hey Mami, I miss you too! How was your day?"

"Tiring. What about you? How’s the album coming?"

"It would be better if I had my muse here, but my day was sort of productive. I just sat and thought about you the entire time."

"Awww, why do you do that? Even though I was kind of doing the same thing."

"Oh so you missing Papi too and do what?"

"Oh shut up! Don’t flatter yourself. And im taking about how you always find a way to compliment me or make me feel special or just make me blush its not fair!"

"I don’t always find a way it comes naturally when I see or hear you."

"Ok, someone’s being corny, so that means it’s time for me to go to bed."

"Well then!" Drake said while crossing his arms.

"Baby you know what I mean. I have to shoot my movie tomorrow, bright and fucking early.”

"Yes, I know. I love you Nika!"

"Love you too Aubs! I’ll see you to- I mean I’ll call when I’m done shooting."

"Wait, what?

"Nothing, love you! Goodnight!"

"Damn, that was a close one"

"I’m so confused. She’s so weird." Drake said aloud.

~~~~~~~~

Nicki woke up early to shower and get ready for a day of shooting.

"Hopefully this day goes by really fast"
Nicki was just about to leave her hotel room when she heard her phone notifications go off. It was a text from Drake.

» Good morning baby! Have a good day! Call me later!

« Why are you so sweet? I will.

 » Love you.

« Love you too.

Nicki put her cellphones in her purse, left her hotel room to go to her movie trailer.

Ugh, it’s only been 2 hours. This day is not moving fast at all.”
It was time for everybody to eat lunch. Nicki left the set, went back to her trailer and ate her food. Nicki was bouncing her knee and tapping her nails on the table.

"Nika, will you stop." Candace said obviously annoyed.

"Stop what?"

"Tappin’ ya nails and bouncin’ ya knee."

"Oh, sorry. I just want this day to be over. I wanna see my hubby."

"I know Nic, but you only have 3 more hours left."

"Yes, but then I got to go back to my hotel room, pack some things, and then get to go to the airport."

"I can go back to your hotel room, pack your stuff and bring it back."

"Really?! You’re the bestest friend ever!" She said while hugging Can.

"Of course! But you owe me!"

"Okay, I don’t care. I’m so happy."

"So…. when are y’all gonna get married?"

"Uhh-" she honestly didn’t know how to answer that question.

One of Nicki’s security guards knocked on her trailer door to tell her to come back to the set.

"Haha, saved by the bell!"

"Oh whatever, but you will answer my question one day!"

Candace left the trailer after Nicki and asked one of her security guards to call a car to take her back to Nicki’s hotel room to pack a bag for her. Candace got all the way to the hotel to figure out that Nicki probably has stuff at Drake’s condo in Toronto. So, Candace got back into the car and rode back to Nicki’s trailer and waited for her.

"CUT! That’s a wrap everybody! Good job!" The director for the movie said.

Nicki quickly left her set and went back to her trailer to find that Candace had no bag and was just sitting there.

“Where’s my bag, hoe?”

"You mean your purse? It’s right there?"

"No! I’m talking about my bag that you said you were going to pack!"

"Calm down. I didn’t pack one because you have shit at Drake’s condo."

"YOU’RE GOING TO TORONTO!" Safaree screamed.

"I’m gonna kill you Candace!"

"I thought he knew!" She said with her hands up.

"Why are you going to Toronto?"

"Uh because I want to see my husband."

"You have work to do! And my birthday is coming up"

"SB shut the hell up. You act like you own me! I’ll be back in a day or two and yes I’m aware of that."

"Will that light skin nigga be there?"

"Call him that again and see what happens to yo ass. You know what nevermind I’m just gonna leave. By the way I have to work on you birthday which means you have to too."

Nicki walked out of her trailer, slammed the door shut and got into the awaiting car. Nicki decided not to call Drake and tell him how she was or anything for fear that she might slip up again and blow the entire surprise.

Meanwhile
"Why hasn’t Nicki called me?" Drake asked aloud.

"Uhh maybe because she’s working." Chubbs answered.

"Oh, I said that out loud didn’t I"

Chubbs and 40 both nodded their heads and laughed.

"Alright, well I’m just gonna go home. I’m not feeling it today."

"Damn nigga she really got you sprung" Chubbs teased.

Drake just ignored him and left the studio. Once he got home he noticed the door was already unlocked. He slowly walked inside, it was dark and nothing look moved.

"What the hell?" Drake thought to himself.

Drake just brushed it off and thought he forgot to lock the door when he left that morning. He went into his bedroom and looked over to his left and found someone sitting on his balcony smoking his hookah. Drake instantly knew who it was and smiled his kool-aid smiled and said.

"So, you broke into my condo Mrs."

This startled Nicki. She quickly turned her head to where the source of the sound was coming from. She got up and ran to hug and kiss him.

"SURPRISE!!!!!!" Nicki yelled. "You are surprised right?"

"Of course! I can’t believe your here! What about your movie, the clothing line, Myx, the-"

Nicki hushed Drake by kissing him. Kissing him turned into clothes being thrown in all sorts of directions, which turned into love making.

After they both tired out, Drake picked Nicki up, carried her out to the balcony and sat down.

"Why are you here?" Drake asked quietly.

"Because you missed me and I missed you."

“So what if I missed you. You have so much work to do.”

"I told you I could be a million, billion, trillion miles away and if you ask me to take a break I will. Plus, I always told you. When you look at the stars and you see one bright and shiny just take that as a sign that I’m here with you, you can’t always see me, but I’m always there."

Drake took his eyes off of Nicki to look at the sky. The only bright thing he could see was the moon.

"Oh so that’s why the moon look so nice huh?"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment