Stories and Oneshots

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Obsessed // Chapter 3 & 4

Drake pulled into the parking garage of his job, he gathers his briefcase and heads to the elevator. The elevator stopped, signaling someone was waiting to get on. Drake was to busy on his phone rechecking his schedule and reading stock information. Suddenly, he heard papers and folders crash to the floor of the elevator. He looked over and saw a woman that was possibly 5’5 or 5’6 in height, caramel skin, and curvy.
“Hey, lemme help with that.” Drake said being ever the gentleman.

Drake crouched down to help her. He looked her when she touched his hand and that’s when he glanced at her legs and outfit. She was sexy but he knew he had the ultimate women at home and that type is one in a million. He had handed her all her thing and he went right back to looking at his phone until he heard her say something.
“Dominic James?”

“I’m sorry?”

“Sorry, I couldn’t help but notice we were going to the same floor.”

“Oh yeah, Dominic James, I work there. Do you have an appointment with us?”
“Umm no.”

“Oh well you look like a client.”

“Oh um I sorry to burst your bubble, but I’m actually a temp.”

“A temp?” Drake asked suspiciously.
“What? I gotta pay my rent. I don’t wanna be on no pole. I’m a woman and I should be treated as such.” Draya replied smartly.

Drake chuckled and shook his head.

“Alright then. I just wasn’t thinking a temp, that’s all.”
Finally, the elevator ride came to a stop and he let her out first. She stepped to the side and then came behind him. Drake continued to walk to his office, but he turned around to see who was following him.
“I’m starting to think you’re following me.” He teased.

“Haha no I’m taking these to Mr. Graham’s office.”

“Drake Graham?”

“Yeah, I’m think you probably know him.”
“Yeah I know him, he’s a real dick, he think he’s all that, you know top notch, but don’t tell him I said that.”

“Would you get in trouble?”

“Oh yes, big trouble.”
Drake said and continued to walk to his office.

“My lips are sealed.”

Drake smiled to himself and saw his assistant, Oliver.

“Oliver!”

“Hey Drizzy, how’s the new house?”
“I got out just in time. The movers came after I left.” He said smugly.

“I bet Nic loved that.”

“Well she did love something else a little bit earlier.”
Oliver shook his head.

“Oh and if she calls to cuss me out-“

“Yeah, yeah say you’re in a meeting, but she used to be you’re assistant. She’ll know I’m lying. Nicki can read anybody and I don’t wanna be caught in the crossfire when she tears ya ass up.”
Oliver looked his left and saw a lady standing there. “Can I help you?”

“So that’s Drake Graham huh?”

“Yeah, he’s off the market though. Married.”

Draya sighed. “Good ones go or they’re gay.”

Hours went on and business meeting happened. Conversation switched from business to the new temp or temptress as his business partner and cousin, Ryan named her.

“Whose legs are those?” The president and CEO, Dominic James.

“Uh I think the new temp.” Drake answered.

“Wow, always nice to have a beautiful woman around the office isn’t it?”

“Well I wouldn’t know Drake snatched up the last woman that was here.” Ryan said.

“Damn straight!”

The “business” meeting ended and everyone was saying there goodbyes and good nights when Ryan asked Drake if he was going to the Lakers game.

“Dude are you serious?! I’m in the middle of moving! I gotta go! Nic is gonna kill me if I don’t go home.”

“How about this? I’ll call her and say it’s a work emergency.”

Drake paused for a second. “Nah, I love my life.”

"Pussy."
"Yeah whatever lemme know when you finally get a girl then you’ll know why."
Drake walked away from Ryan and headed to the elevator, but stopped when a familiar voice talking to him.
"Goodbye, Mr. Graham."
Draya whipped around in her chair and smirked at him.
"You punked me."
Drake laughed. “You set me up.”
"Ehh don’t worry about it. I’ll get my revenge. Oh! Just so you know, everyone here disagrees with what you said."
"What did I say?"
"You said that Mr. Graham is a dick and thinks he’s top notch. They are say the same that you are the nicest, sweetest and most charming man in the firm."
"Eh well then I got them fooled." Drake flashed his million dollar smile at her.
"My name’s Draya, by the way." She informed and held out her hand.
"Wassup, Draya, good luck at your next job."
"Hey! They’re actually keeping me here for a few extra days."
Once she realized he was gone, she pulled up the business’ website and clicked on Drake’s name to learn more about him.
Aubrey huh? Draya thought to herself.

Back at the Graham House
Drake was in Kyleigh’s nursery playing with her when he smelled something…offensive.
"ONIKA!"
"Um no it’s your turn!"
Drake changed Ky’s diaper and put her down to sleep. He walked out and went to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of champagne. He pulled the cork out and it started coming out.
"You betta wipe up my floor!"
 
Nicki exclaimed while getting cups out of a box. Drake sat on the ground and Nicki crawled to him and gave him quick peck before turning her back to him so that her back was on his chest.
"Wanna give that mirror another chance." Nicki asked.
"Mmm Onika you’re so bad."
"Well that is the reason why you married me, ain’t it?"
The Next Day
Drake got up, did his morning routine, changed into a suit, and headed to work.
He got off the elevator with everyone greeting him with good mornings’. He was about to walk in his office when Draya said something.
"Hey. Remember little ole me?"
Drake turned around and was surprised to see her.
"Draya right?"
"Wow. I’m impressed."
Drake chuckled and asked another co-worker where Oliver was and they replied saying he was out sick.
"I-uh did a little trading with the other temps and I manage to get to your desk. Is that okay." Draya said smiling.
Drake gave a little smile back and nodded his head. “Um no that’s okay. Grab that pad of paper and pen, follow me to my office.”
"Oh! Here’s a memo to the Christmas party, even though you’re Jewish."
Drake looked at her a little confused.
"Oh, I uh did a little research on you before you um came in, you know, to be prepared."
"Yeah, um okay. Well have a seat." Drake said before having a quick glance at her legs again.
"W-Why don’t they invite significant others?"
"Excuse me?"
"To the party, it says no significant others."
"Oh right, it’s the boss’ rule, well it’s also like that at other firms. I guess they want everyone to turn up and have fun, you can’t really do that if your significant other is there." Drake explained.
"So, does that mean it get wild?"
Drake laughed. “Haha no, not usually.” Drake reached over and grabbed him coffee cup.
"Oh um I called Oliver, he said you like your coffee with a little cream and 2 sugars. Is it cold? I can warm it up for you."
"No need, it’s fine, thank you by the way. Let’s get started."
"Right. I’m ready."
"Ok, so it’s Monday and the first thing is-."
"Done."
"Done? Done with what?" Drake questioned.
"On every Monday, you send your wife 2 dozen roses. Pink and red. Pinks her favorite color, it makes her feel happy while the red is romantic and sultry. I made the call before you came in to make sure they were delivered." Draya answered with a smile.
Drake looked at her a little different and said thank you. Draya pulled down her skirt and he glanced at her legs again. He knew what she was doing.
"So um how long have you been married?"
"3 years in May."
"Wow and you still send her flowers every week. She is one lucky girl."
Drake smiled. “It’s a tradition and I’m the lucky one. I wouldn’t be the man I am today if I didn’t have her.”
Draya’s smiled and she fought the urge to roll her eyes.
"Awww that’s so sweet" Draya said fictitiously. "Oliver said you two meet here. She was your assistant."
Drake raised his eyebrows. “Wow. It seems you and Oliver had quite the conversation. Switching back to work now, let’s make some calls.”
"Okay shoot."
"Okay, start with Trent David. See, if there’s a lunch appointment next week. Push for the Sea Harbour restaurant. They have amazing seafood there.
"Sea Harbour’s delicious."
"Next, Mark Mills call and make- Do you need me to slow down?"
"I’m waiting on you sir."
"One quick question. Are you always this…prepared?"
"Is that surprising?"
"Yes actually it does. Most temps are horrible and it se-"
"I think you’ll figure out that I’m not the typical temp."
Drake rubbed his chin and lean back in his chair. “Okay, um that’s all for today.”
He worked in his office for a couple hours until his phone rang. Nicki was on the other end, telling him about Ky’s adventure at the grocery store.”
"Aubrey. She was flirting with the cashier!" Nicki exclaimed in disbelief.
"Baby, what do you expect? She’s yours."
"So! That boy is 18 and she just turned 1!"
"And lemme guess. She gave the same look you give when you see an attractive guy." Drake switched the call to his headset and started to wander about his office, when he heard a click coming from the other end. He walked to his office window and peeked out of the blinds to see if anyone was on their headsets.
"So what if she did?"
"Like mother, like daughter. I’m gonna need a shotgun."
"Oh whatever that chile ain’t going near no boy anytime soon, but anyway on my way home I stopped by the college campus and I got some information about their school and it’s curriculum."
Drake continued to look out his window when he spotted a lone headset just sitting on Oliver’s desk and Draya was coincidentally absent from.
"Baby, I’m so excited. I really wanna do this."
Draya came up to the window, startling Drake. She asked him she was needed in his office, he waved her off.
"I’m gonna show you the information packet I got today. I really need your honest opinion on what courses I should take. Aubrey are you even listening to me?"
"Mmhmm yeah. Hey babe, I’ll talk to you when I get home."
They both said their goodbyes and he went back to work.

At Home

Nicki was sitting in their king sized bed with her glasses on, pencil in hand and marking up her packet.
"So, babe, if I take Economics, Managerial Service and Operation Management together I don’t have to take Management Information, right?"
"School?"
Yes school! I told you about this on the phone! I knew you weren’t listening to me.”
"No, no baby I listened I just forgot, had a lot of work today. I thought we talked about this already. I go to work all day and you stay home with the kids."
"Drake, it’s an online degree. This is really important to me."
"I understand, it’s important to me too, but I was hoping you liked being a mom."
"Drake you know I love being a mom."
"Baby, I make enough money to support you and Ky."
"Aubrey it’s not about the money. You come home with things to tell me and all I ever tell you is things like, I cleaned the house."
"So I take it Ky’s gonna be an only child like me."
"Oh my God stop with the dramatics! How about this? I get my degree and then I can have all the babies you want…possibly."
"Alright, I’ll let you know in the morning. Good night Nika." Drake gave her kiss good night, pulled her toward him and wrapped his arms around her.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment